Ultimate Tips for Marketing Small Businesses
Quote often small business owners consider marketing an expensive and time-consuming experience with non-predictable return on investment (ROI). However, the truth is kind of the opposite – all marketing efforts for your small business can help you increase the popularity of your brand and generate more sales for your product or service.
Another important fact worth mentioning is that the owner can actually do most of the marketing efforts on his own and save money from service fees. Although, this is not easy in any way, it is quite achievable and after some dedication everyone can succeed.
How to Get Started?
That’s quite simple – get online and tell people about your small business. Although, this is not the most common marketing channel for small business owners, the internet offers unlimited marketing possibilities, which quite often come cheaper than offline marketing services. Here is what you need to do:
1. Define your goals – this is the most important point and to truly succeed in every marketing campaign, you need to define clear and realistic goals. Never generalize your goals, but instead try to keep them as few as possible at first and after completing each set new ones slightly higher. To define the right goals, you need to seriously think about how they are going to be realized.
2. Get a good website – there is no way to attract people to your product or service by using outdated and nasty looking website design. Make sure your website is appealing to all visitors and they can find what they are looking for as fast as possible. The most important goal here is to make your website appealing not to you, but to all your visitors, who are interested in what you are offering.
3. Register in major social networks – the social networks like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Plus are huge and they alone can generate solid traffic to your website and thus more sales. You need to establish your presence in all major social networks, as well as less popular niche ones. Roll-up your sleeves, get your mail ready and start creating social media accounts now!
4. Get on the map – there is no better way for small business owners to increase popularity of their brand, product or service than to have their location appear on maps across multiple services. Websites like Yelp, Hot Frog, Yellow Pages and Independent are a great way to start your online marketing efforts.
What to Do Next?
After establishing the base for small business marketing, its time to get creative and generate some buzz around your brand, here are some good ways to get you started:
– Analyze your competitors – one of the most effective ways to come up with ideas for small business marketing is by analyzing the top competitors for every keyword. A good way to get started with this is to perform searches in Google for your most important keywords and analyze the websites in top 5 – What they’ve got that you don’t? How can you implement their strategies in your online marketing campaign?
– Start a blog – there are numerous benefits for small business owners to start blogging about interest information, events and other news around their product offering. Furthermore, blogging is a great way to promote your brand even further and reach broader audience. Blogging can also help you generate links to your website, humanize your brand and engage with your visitors.
– Use videos – video content is quickly becoming more and more popular, so websites like YouTube and Vimeo can be great source for promoting your brand and products/services. Make a good plan for your video and make sure you promote it every place you can think of, starting with your own website.
– Get educated – to be able to control and execute any marketing campaign for your small business, you need to educate yourself about the main rules from the best professionals in the niche. Before you do anything from the above, I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the basics of marketing both online and offline.
Following all of the tips mentioned above will help you create and execute professional online marketing campaign, which will help you generate more traffic to your website and sales for your products or services. The best way to succeed online is to always stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and utilize the most profitable marketing channels for the needs of your brand.
Small business marketing doesn’t have to expensive, but the truth is it can consume lots of time. However, once you learn the basics and start promoting your brand, you will definitely succeed in attracting better popularity and more sales. Still, if you don’t have the time to do so, it’s always recommended to use professional online marketing agency to help you out.